“It all started in Dubai. We don’t have a lot of details, but a host of infected and Bio-Organic Weapons broke out of their containment cells. It all happened so fast that it took the security forces by surprise, and the monsters escaped the facility.
“The good news is that a local response team was able to repel the monsters and minimize the collateral damage. The bad news? The swarm is now on the move and we’re having a difficult time tracking it. And frankly, we’re not even sure if the monsters are still all together or if they’ve broken into smaller groups.
“This whole thing is a nightmare. That’s why we’re calling in The Mercenaries team. We need your help. We need you to stop the swarm.”
StreetPass Network and Capcom are proud to present “Stop the Swarm!” This special, worldwide event series challenges you to stop a swarm of Resident Evil monsters that are on the move. It’s up to you and your fellow Nintendo 3DS owners to keep your city safe!
To participate, bring your system and a copy of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D to any of the events listed below. More details on how you can “Stop the Swarm!” — and the honor you receive for doing so — will be shared at the event.
• Almere (Netherlands) event on July 16
• Altamonte Springs (Florida, U.S.) event on July 16
• Arnhem (Netherlands) event on July 16
• Brisbane (Australia) event on July 30
• Canton (Michigan, U.S.) event on July 23
• Dortmund (Germany) event on July 23
• Dubai (United Arab Emirates) event on July 14
• Green Bay (Wisconsin, U.S.) event on July 23
• Hamburg (Germany) event on July 30
• Hollywood (California, U.S.) event on July 23
• Indianapolis (Indiana, U.S.) event on July 23
• Ontario (California, U.S.) event on July 16
• Metairie (Louisiana, U.S.) event on July 23
• Mexico City (Mexico) event on July 23
• New York City (New York, U.S.) event on July 30
• Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, U.S.) event on July 23
• Princeton (New Jersey, U.S.) event on July 17
• San Francisco (California, U.S.) event on July 31
• Seattle (Washington, U.S.) event on July 15
• Washington (District of Columbia, U.S.) event on July 23
If you don’t have a copy of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and want to participate, you might be able to borrow a copy of the game from another person. We can’t promise that extra copies will be available, though, so the best way to participate is by bringing your own copy of the game.
Good luck, Mercenaries!
(Please note: Capcom is not an official sponsor of “Stop the Swarm!”)