Word on the Street highlights popular topics and discussions among the various StreetPass groups on Facebook. Content for this weekly feature is compiled by StreetPass Network.
• It’s just a couple days until the Nintendo 3DS drops to $170 and StreetPass groups are eager to welcome new members! Utah 3DS StreetPass is drafting new flyers, StreetPass Germany is making final preparations for Gamescom, and other groups are enhancing their operations. Here’s hoping your Mii Plaza is soon full of new faces!
• The price drop isn’t the only news that’s got people excited. Members of Nintendo 3DS Mexico, the StreetPass group based in Mexico City, cheered newly announced details for Resident Evil: Revelations. One person was so impressed he said he’ll buy the game the first day it’s available.
• StreetPass Chicago, meanwhile, asked its members a nigh unanswerable question. If you could only buy one more Nintendo 3DS game this year, which game would it be? Popular answers included Super Mario 3D Land and Devil Survivor Overclocked. Our pick would probably be Mario Kart 7, but which game would you choose?
• With all the love Link and Zelda are getting on the 25th anniversary of their debut, it’s a shame that similar celebrations for Samus Aran have been sidelined. StreetPass NYC rightly took a moment to acknowledge the Metroid milestone and recognize Nintendo’s leading lady.
• Finally, if you happen to be in Washington, D.C. this weekend, be sure to check out the StreetPass DC meetup at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. In addition to collecting StreetPass tags, you’ll learn about The Art of Video Games, the museum’s special exhibit opening next year.